The Church of the Dunes is enriched with a robust education program – beginning with activities for toddlers in the Nursery, for children, youth and adults.
Sunday School is offered for all ages, September through May:
Ongoing classes for adults are offered at 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 in the church library:
- FaithLinks Discussion Group meets at 9:30 in the church library, main floor
- Book Discussion Group (Basic Beliefs and Questions; BBQ) meets at 11:30 in the Ryder Lounge, main floor
- Ray Vander Laan Series meets at 11:30 in rooms 13-14, lower level
- Other specialized classes are offered throughout the year; more information is available here.
- Children in Worship (C.I.W.) is for children (young) 5 yrs. through 5th grade. Children leave from the sanctuary at 10:45 a.m. and meet in the lower level until 12:15 p.m.:
- K – 2nd grade meet in rooms 8 & 9, called “The Emmaus Room”
- 3rd – 5th grade meet in rooms 11 & 12, called “The Hosanna Room”
- Junior High (6th – 7th grades) meets at 11:30 in the lower level, room 7, called “The Pit”
- Senior High (8th – 12th grades) meets at 11:30 in in the lower level, rooms 1 & 2, called “The Youth Room”
Coffee and fellowship time complements our educational programs and is available following the worship services every Sunday.
Sunday Evenings for Youth
- Son Club is a program for children age 5 through 5th grade that meets at church on the 4th Sunday of the month, 6-7:30 p.m., September through May.
- The Dunes’ Youth Group, for students in 6th through 12th grades, meets on Sunday evenings at 6 p.m. September through May.
Educational activities for adults are available throughout the week.
- Once a month, on Monday evenings, adults come together for the popular “Book Club” discussion group at 6:30 p.m.
- On Wednesday evenings from September through April our “Wednesday Night Dinner” program for individuals and families is available at 5:30 p.m., followed by a variety of classes and choir rehearsals.
- New for 2015, a 20-Somethings group meets weekly on Thursday night for Bible study, and monthly for a variety of fellowship and mission activities. You can read more here, or on Facebook: Christian Struggles Bible Study.
- Also on Thursday evenings from September through May a “Creativity, the Arts and God” class is offered at 7 p.m. for adults.
- And Thursday evenings also provide time for a women’s book study.
Plus, seasonal Advent and Lenten studies are offered on various evenings during the week, providing many opportunities to explore Biblical themes and topics for further spiritual growth. New member inquiry classes and Disciple Bible Study classes are also available periodically. Retreats, guest lecture programs and panel discussions round out our education offerings, as well.
Please read more about our various opportunities for further study and click on our downloadable brochures in the pages of this section for complete details (see the top of the sidebar on the right) and be sure to check out our map: Charting Your Course in the Living Water
Need further information? Please contact the church’s Administrative Office at: 616/842-7980.
Book covers: Google images