Who We Are
Jesus said, “I am the door, whoever enters by me will be saved…I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” – John 10: 9-10
These are two key themes for our church, and the United Methodist denomination of which we are a part. We are a church of “Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors.” This “digital doorway” represents the many doors into our church facility, which, in turn, represents the welcome that God in Christ extends to us, and to you.
Anyone who comes to the United Methodist Church of the Dunes will find members who are willing to accept them as they are and to journey with them in finding real meaning to life through Christ. The church is known both within our denomination and within the Tri-Cities community as the church which is a leader in providing inspirational faith formation for its members and Christian service to all.
We welcome you to explore how we—as a congregation—live out Christ’s presence in our part of creation. We welcome you to come through the actual doorways of our church for worship, or any of the many activities and programs for all ages which we offer. Please contact any of our fine staff to answer any questions or be of any assistance.
We are also a “connectional” church, meaning, we believe that we can accomplish more in cooperation with other churches than we could alone. We reach out to people who need a loving and dynamic relationship with the risen Christ.
United Methodist Church of the Dunes is part of the West Michigan Annual Conference. For more information click here.
For information on how to join our church, click here.
Church Mission Statement
United Methodist Church of the Dunes is a church with outstretched arms, demonstrating the caring of Christ to each other, our community, and the world by encouraging growth in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, challenging and equipping all to be faithful disciples for the transformation of the world.
We are a family of faith who seeks to grow in God’s grace and love, challenges and equips all members to be faithful disciples, to share the Good News, and demonstrate and reflect the love of God.
- Christ Centered: We are focused on the life, words, and spirit of Jesus Christ.
- Biblically Rooted: We encourage spiritually-alive, faithful study of the Bible.
- Warm Hearted: We are a joyful, loving congregation which experiences the grace of God in Jesus Christ in personal and positive ways in all we do and say.
- Open Minded: We are a place where people search, think, question and honestly express their growing faith in an accepting and affirming atmosphere.
- Mission Directed: We have a long history and a strong sense of mission as we share Christ with the world.
- Connected & Committed: We value how our ministry is through our support of our denomination.
- We will offer and participate in joyful, genuine and meaningful worship experiences which help us honor Jesus as our Savior and serve Him as our Lord.
- We will provide an array of effective educational opportunities which promote life-long faith formation and Christian living skills.
- We will share the love of Jesus Christ in all we do—which helps us honor Jesus as our Savior and serve Him as our Lord.
- We welcome all people with open arms, and we respect everyone.
- We are engaged in our community and the world. We always seek to make a positive difference through works of mercy and justice.
- We will support the ministry and initiatives of our United Methodist family.
- Sunday: 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Children in Worship Program: Offered during 10:30 a.m. service
- Adult Education Program: Offered at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.
- Phone: 616-842-7980