The Church of Dunes is part of the United Methodist Church denomination.
Click here for more information about our denominational ministries: Discipleship Ministries (General Board of Discipleship, or GBOD)
As a “connectional” church, we believe that we can accomplish even more in cooperation with other churches than we can alone. We reach out to people who need a loving and dynamic relationship with the risen Christ.
For information on how to join our church, click here.
Church Mission Statement
United Methodist Church of the Dunes is a church with outstretched arms, demonstrating the caring of Christ to each other, our community, and the world by encouraging growth in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, challenging and equipping all to be faithful disciples for the transformation of the world.
We are a family of faith who seeks to grow in God’s grace and love, challenges and equips all members to be faithful disciples, to share the Good News, and demonstrate and reflect the love of God.
- Christ Centered: We are focused on the life, words, and spirit of Jesus Christ.
- Biblically Rooted: We encourage spiritually-alive, faithful study of the Bible.
- Warm Hearted: We are a joyful, loving congregation which experiences the grace of God in Jesus Christ in personal and positive ways in all we do and say.
- Open Minded: We are a place where people search, think, question and honestly express their growing faith in an accepting and affirming atmosphere.
- Mission Directed: We have a long history and a strong sense of mission as we share Christ with the world.
- Connected & Committed: We value how our ministry is through our support of our denomination.
- We will offer and participate in joyful, genuine and meaningful worship experiences which help us honor Jesus as our Savior and serve Him as our Lord.
- We will provide an array of effective educational opportunities which promote life-long faith formation and Christian living skills.
- We will share the love of Jesus Christ in all we do—which helps us honor Jesus as our Savior and serve Him as our Lord.
- We welcome all people with open arms, and we respect everyone.
- We are engaged in our community and the world. We always seek to make a positive difference through works of mercy and justice.
- We will support the ministry and initiatives of our United Methodist family.
- Sunday: 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Children in Worship Program: Offered during 10:30 a.m. service
- Adult Education Program: Offered at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.
- Phone: 616-842-7980
We are located at 717 Sheldon, Grand Haven, MI 49424
Click here for more maps and directions: http://umcdunes.org/contact-us/